Monday, April 02, 2012

Wabi Sabi

After the Orientation for our completion duties for summer, I went to Muji in Greenbelt 3 to buy A4 blank sheets of paper so that I could start practicing on my sketches this summer. I've been such a bum lately and it's tiring. Tiring because I'm not doing anything and that's the worst type of being tired.*sigh* I'd really like to spend this summer in a more productive manner. Hopefully (now that I have some of the materials I need), I get the driving force to pick up my pens and start doodling/sketching/painting.


I ABSOLUTELY love Muji. I fell in love with it right at the moment when I went inside the first branch in High Street. Everything is just uniquely simple but elegant looking. I'm a huge fan of Japan's "wabi-sabi"-  that is ″wisdom in natural simplicity.″ Also,  what I like most about this store is their pure concern for environmental issues. When I was browsing through the Muji website, I read this :

PACKAGING
When packaging products, MUJI seeks not to adorn them but rather to highlight their natural colours and shapes. For this reason, we use bulk packaging and place products in plain, uniform containers. Faithful to our philosophy of simplicity, this approach is also in keeping with our policy of conserving resources and reducing waste. Thus, all Muji products appear on store shelves in simple packaging bearing only product-related information and a price tag.

 Although some of the items they sell are quite overpriced (in my opinion) especially the set of colored pens and pencil which I am dying to lay my hands on, I guess, it's all worth it given that they try to save the environment. :) 

After Muji, I went inside Powerbooks to buy a ring binder for my papers. While looking for an apple green binder, my eyes suddenly saw this beauty...

 Honestly, I have never seen a designed binder my entire life. This one was the first...so I bought it. It's so pretty and it costs only 96.50 pesos. Hopefully they will add more designs in the future.

I also bought a set of water colors. 





 

Have I ever mentioned that one of my dreams is to go on a shopping spree in National bookstore? haha, wala lang :)

No comments:

Post a Comment