Sunday, April 01, 2012

No I'm not Lucky, I'm Blessed



'Twas indeed one busy Saturday! The morning event took place in a certain University where my mother was a guest speaker for their graduation/pinning ceremonies. My mother rarely talk about nursing on a one on one basis with me. I mean you guys would probably think that as the daughter of a nursing director, My mom would be very strict with me when in comes to my studies but, really, it's the complete opposite. She always tells me that I am a totally different person - I am not her. She also added that even if people may seem to have high expectations, I've just got to do what I got to do. I do not have to live up to people's expectations. And I'm happy to have a mom like my mom :) It's actually even funny because one time when she saw me studying, she shouted "Itigil mo na nga yang pag-aaral mo! nakakasira ng social life yan. okay na tres." :)) My mother never really believed in the numbers on the report card. Primarily because she never got any awards nor recognition back in college but look where she is now. This is also the reason why I never based my ability as a student nurse on my grades. 

Anyway, moving on...I learned a lot from my mom's speech because it was way different than any of those cheesy speeches where you always here the word compassion, calling, etc. etc. It was more on her experiences and practices. I'd actually like for my friends to hear it as well. Also, in the same event the cum laude of the school gave his speech and it was truly inspiring and motivating at the same time. From him I got this quote by Martin Luther King Jr. 

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”
I agree. No matter how much people look down on you because YOU'RE JUST THIS AND YOU PROBABLY JUST EARN THIS CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MONEY, you should still work hard and be the best that you can be.

After the morning event, we had to rush to PICC for the graduation of MMC-CN Batch 2012. My mom was invited to give the award for best in clinical efficiency for 3rd year (which happens to be me) and 4th year students.It was a 4 hour graduation. Congratulations, Batch 2012!

With mother before entering the Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment