Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thesis. Thesis. Thesis

If there's really one thing in the world I'd never want to do EVER again, it would be this. It wasn't about the stress. No, definitely not. Four years in college have taught me how to use swords and guns in preparation for battles like this. I (I know I have my groupmates with me but just for emphasis purposes I'll use 'I' instead of 'we' so as not to generalize the whole group because they might have different thoughts regarding thesis) fought it out right - although not perfectly- just in a sense that it rewarded me with a good grade. But grades were never my target (at this point in life) because two years ago, I told myself that If I am to devout my time and energy on something then it has to be driven by a significant purpose and not by mere numbers. If the energy I gave for this project was just ultimately based on aspiring to get Best Thesis  or a grade of 90 and above then I am no better than a blind cat endlessly chasing for something it would never figure out. So, frankly speaking, I was working on this for two semesters not knowing its purpose. I remember one time when me and my groupmates were talking and I mentioned that I'd rather have grand case presentations every semester wherein I could apply all my nursing skills and knowledge rather than working on one thesis that I would never seem to understand. I never liked the process of thesis making one bit because my heart was not in it. Throughout the process I must admit that I only worked as a machine because I needed to produce results and nothing more. 

There was one point though where my group's thesis adviser said that at the end of everything... no matter what the result of your data gathering is, no matter what grades the panel give you and no matter what other people would say about your study, it would just all boil down to one thing - Relevance of the study. At that point, I assured myself that there is a reason for doing this thing. Maybe, it wasn't just crystal clear at my side of the window. I hope that I get to see the purpose of this all at one point in time.  



Ready for submission.

All done :) Thank you Ma'am Magpatoc for everything you've taught us. 

Being a pig after the defense :D

Hi THESIS IT GIRLS! Thanks for trusting me as the leader of the group. Thank you for understanding my shortcomings and my selfish attitude sometimes. I love you mga Miss, haha! May Yabu date pa tayo :(


No comments:

Post a Comment